Nothing in life has any meaning or story unless you assign one.
Nothing in life has any meaning or story unless you assign one.
One day in 2009, while I was meditating I asked; “How does one fall in love with self?”
I’d heard, read, and listened to more sources say that all you need to do is love yourself and everything would be better. But after each encounter I walked away still feeling confused and unfulfilled. It seemed that no one could give me the exact meaning of what that really meant. So, on that morning I set my intention. From the depths of my being I really wanted to know and understand what is meant to fall in love with myself, and not the superficial forms of self-love, like treating yourself to the spa or skipping that bowl of ice cream. I wanted to know and understand the big truth, the grandest version and highest expression of being self-actualized and deeply in love with the core of my being.
There is a Tao saying that states: “When the student is ready, the teacher appears.” There I sat; trying so hard to clear my mind of all the ways I was trying to figure this self-love thing out. The more I tried to get quiet the more questions popped up. Then, after my increasing frustration and sheer exhaustion, “I wondered what the first step looks like?” I sat there and tried to mentally figure out where the first step was on that path of self-love. It was in that moment I ‘heard’ and ‘saw’ my answer. I was flooded with what I can only describe as an instant knowing of the answer… and from whom the answer was coming from.
“The first step of the process of self-love starts with you. It is a journey into the depths of remembering and feeling that you that is beyond the mirror.” Up until that moment, many of the things that I had been doing were focused outside of me, which were depleting me of love and my life force. I began to ‘see’ a field of water wells that went deep into the ground. As I proceeded to move through the field, I saw men standing near each of the wells. After observing the field for a minute I waited for the understanding of the meaning. I listened and ‘heard’, “The well is you. It represents the great feminine energy of all women. For these vessels contain the vital life force and love that is to nurture all others. And from this place, all others drink and are nourished. It is of the most importance that you, the well, be full.”
“The guardians of the wells are the men, the masculine spirit. Each guardian knows of the importance of the feminine spirit and from where the water flows. He is to protect each well to ensure that nothing spoils the water or drains it of its supply. And in return, he is nourished with life force and love.”
As I continued through the field, I could see that the connection of the feminine and the masculine was out of balance. Many of the men looked beaten down and drained of life energy and many of the wells were empty and drained of life energy also. In that moment, I understood interconnectedness of all things. The connection of men and women, the connection of physical and non-physical, and the connection of the feminine and masculine within each of us have been neglected and at times severed. For the masculine protects the feminine, allowing it to continue to replenish with the sweet life force, and in return the feminine provides nourishment and a deeper connection of the life force to the masculine. It is the delicate and loving dance of life itself. For one cannot exist without the other.
Finally I understood the first step on this illusive self-love path. The first step was that each and every thing that I did was to come from the intention of love; love for me. When I washed the dishes, I told myself it was because I loved myself enough to bless myself with clean dishes. When I brushed my teeth; I did it because I loved myself. When I showered, it was from a place of love. When I cooked, it was from a place of love. Even when I scrubbed the floor it was from a place of self- love. Then one day it happened…I could feel that my well was finally full.
Jennifer Taylor is a certified spiritual and life coach in Cleveland, Ohio. She got her certification with World Coaching Institute (WCI) after working in the sales and marketing industry for 15 years. Jennifer works with people who want to find happiness, spiritual wellness and success through personal development in all areas of their lives. She is the owner of Your Life Mastered. To work with Jennifer, visit the site at www.yourlifemastered.com.
“No matter how old you are now. You are never too young or too old for success or going after what you want. Here’s a short list of people who accomplished & (against the odds) great things at different ages…
1) Helen Keller At the age of 19 months Helen became deaf & blind. But that didn’t stop her.She was the first deaf & blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree
2) Mozart was already competent on keyboard & violin, he composed from the age of 5
3) Shirley Temple was 6 when she became a movie star on “Bright Eyes”
4) Anne Frank was 12 when she wrote the diary of Anne Frank
5) Magnus Carlsen became a chess Grand master at the age of 13 years
6) Nadia Comăneci At age 14, gymnast of Romania scored seven perfect 10.0 and won three gold medals at the Olympics
7) Tenzin Gyatso was formally recognized as the 14th Dalai Lama November 1950, at the age of 15 Pele soccer superstar was 17 years old when he won the world cup in 1958 with Brazil
9) Elvis was a Superstar by age 19
10) John Lennon was 20 years & Paul Mcartney 18 when the Beatles had their first concert in 1961
11) Jesse Owens was 22 when he won 4 gold medals in Berlin 1936
12) Beethoven was a Piano virtuoso by age 23
13) Issac Newton at 24 wrote Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica.
14) Roger Bannister was 25 When he broke the 4 minute mile record
15) Albert Einstein was 26 when he wrote the theory of relativity
16) Lance E Armstrong was 27 when he won the tour de France
17) Michelangelo created the two of the greatest sculptures “David” and “Pieta” by age 28
18) Alexander the Great by age 29, had created one of the largest empires of the ancient world
19) J.K.Rowling was 30 years old when she finished the first manuscript for Harry Potter
20) Amelia Earhart was 31 years old when she became the first woman 2 fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean
21) Oprah was 32 when she started her talk show, which has become the highest-rated program of its kind
22) Edmund Hillary was 33 when he became the first man to reach Mount Everest (highest Mountain in the world
23) Martin Luther King jr was 34 When he did the speech “I have a dream”
24) Marie Curie was 35 years old when she got nominated 4 Nobel Prize in Physics 1903
25) The Wright brothers, Orville (was 32 ) & Wilbur (was 36) when they invented & built the world’s first successful airplane & making the first controlled, powered & sustained heavier-than-air human flight
26) Vincent Van Gogh was 37 when he died & virtually unknown yet his paintings today are worth millions
27) Neil Armstrong was 38 when he became the first man to set foot on the moon
28) Mark Twain was 40 when he wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and 49 years old for Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
29) Christopher Columbus was 41 when he discovered the Americas
30) Rosa Parks was 42 when she refused 2 obey bus driver’s order 2 give up her seat 2 make room for a white passenger.
31) John F. Kennedy was 43 years when he became President of the United States
32) Henry Ford Was 45 when the Ford T came out
33) Suzanne Collins was 46 when she wrote “ The Hunger Games”
34) Charles Darwin was 50 years old when his book On the Origin of Species came out
35) Leonardo DaVinci was 51 years old when he painted the Mona Lisa
36) Abraham Lincoln was 52 when he became president
37) Ray Kroc Was 53 when he bought the McDonald’s Franchise and took it to unprecedented levels
38) Dr. Seuss was 54 when he wrote “the cat in the hat”
40) Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger III was 57 years old when he successfully ditched US Airways Flight 1549, in the Hudson River in, 2009. All of the 155 passengers aboard the aircraft survived.
41) Colonel Harland Sanders was 61 when he started the KFC Franchise
42) J R R Tolkien was 62 when the lord of the ring books came out
43) Ronald Reagan was 69 when he became President of the United States
44) Jack Lalane at age 70 handcuffed, shackled, towed 70 rowboats
45) Nelson Mandela was 76 When he Became President”
Live from your own unique greatness.
Today, silence the internal voice of the tyrant and the outward naysayers that set limits upon you. Gather your courage and your strength.
Get ready to give up the old fears to discover what wonderful things that are waiting for you.